As you follow the Cultural Connector route, you'll discover the stories that enrich Whistler's culture, the venues that celebrate it and the milestones that we've achieved along the way. The pathway, marked with yellow and grey diamond shaped markers, will lead you through beautiful surroundings and six cultural institutions;
- Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre (SLCC)
- Lost Lake PassivHaus
- Audain Art Museum
- Maury Young Arts Centre
- Whistler Public Library
- Whistler Museum
Immerse yourself in First Nations culture, unearth pioneer history, stride through the golden days of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and revel in artistic excellence.
Know Before You Go
- These cultural institutions and the interpretive panels between them can be visited in any order. To fully immerse yourself in each institution you would want to allow a full day for this tour, or to deepen your experience, stay longer and visit them over a series of days.
- This tour is best experienced on foot
- Don’t forget to bring your camera and a water bottle, although bear in mind that some institutions may have photography restrictions. Some of these institutions have excellent cafes, and gift shops featuring local artists, so travel light to allow for purchases along the way! This tour also contains audio content so bring your headphones!
- Many of these institutions have washrooms, there are also washrooms at Whistler Olympic Plaza
- This tour can be enjoyed year-round
- Downloading this tour will take a small amount of data – consider downloading while connected to a wifi network to avoid data charge