Take in the changing fall colours on this bike route utilizing the Whistler Valley Trail. This paved trail weaves in and out of neighbourhoods, around golf courses, and leads you to lakes and parks with beautiful viewpoints.
The tour covers a 12-kilometre section of the Valley Trail, from Whistler Village to Creekside and then around Alta Lake, looping back to the Village. If you rode it without stopping it would take around 45 minutes, but we suggest making this a half-day activity and stopping to take in the view, enjoy lunch, and explore.
You could do this tour via bike or e-bike, but for either please make sure you take a read of the trail etiquette, wear a helmet, and be aware of other trail users and wildlife as you go.
Know Before You Go
- To find the starting point of the tour, click the Start Tour button below, and the Get Directions button will connect you with a map to find your way. Activate the notification setting as this will help guide you as you head around the route.
- The starting point of this tour is Whistler Village, remember that it's a pedestrian zone, so walk your bike.
- If you're stopping to admire the view, remember to pull off the trail so that others can get by you.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera, a water bottle, and wet weather gear; remember to pack out what you pack in.
- Washrooms can be found at Lakeside Park, Wayside Park, Creekside and Rainbow Park.
- Downloading this tour will take a small amount of data – consider downloading while connected to a wifi network to avoid data charges
- Bears are a beloved part of Whistler's environment and culture, and we want to keep them safe. Before your tour, please ensure you are familiar with Bear Smart tips (such as keeping a safe distance and not crowding) in case of an encounter along your route.